Building safety professionals are considered first preventers because they help insure fire and life safety. They silently thwart disasters through prevention.
First promoters take an additional step; they bring their prevention message to the public by engaging with them to think more about prevention and the importance of building safety to include:
- Building permits – how to protect your family and the largest investment – your home.
- Energy efficiency for comfort and cost savings in your home.
- Proper ventilation of gas-fired water heaters for optimum indoor air quality
- The safe construction of stairs
- Safe structures to withstand an earthquake